Five Dreams is our new interview series highlighting unique members of the Bandit community from around the globe who are running things their own way.
This week's edition of Five Dreams is with Bandit athlete, Market executive producer, Capri Collective runner, all-around renaissance man, Kameron Casey.
Name: Kameron Casey
I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana, currently living in Los Angeles, CA. I work across various areas of the creative & branding process professionally. Right now, I'm an executive producer for Market, but I also do a lot of modeling on the side. I've been running for almost 17 years now—I ran in high school and then ended up getting a scholarship to run in college (cross country and steeplechase in track). A fun fact about me is that outside of running, I love to cook with and for my friends. I'm a magician in the kitchen you might say. Or maybe just I would say that. Back to running... I work out with Capri Collective. My favorite race is probably The Speed Project? 2022 with Bandit was maybe the most fun I have had running in my life. But I’m also biased to the Chicago Marathon having spent so many years living and working there. The marathon in Chicago is such a beautiful way to experience the city.
Tell us more about Capri Collective
Corre col tempo! “Corre Col Tempo” in Italian means to “Be in step with the times” so to like be “on the trend or ahead of the curve.” But if you translate it literally, it is “to run with time” so we kind of use it as a “Let’s go, let’s go!” Many meanings, which is maybe a good example of “what” Capri Collective is. We are a run club who is trying to expand the relationship with running beyond running. We are working hard and running fast, but we are really focused on our personal relationships with each other, each of us does a good job of being tuned into to each others lives outside of sport. Trying to support each other in every way but also trying to enjoy time with each other outside of the workouts and long runs. We’ve done brunches, wine nights, dinners, even gone to a rave together until 4AM. I think overall, it’s just a collective of individuals who are trying to enjoy the pleasures of everything, running included.
What races you got this year?
Valencia Marathon is the big one that is on the calendar this year. I am dealing with a little injury right now, so I think I am taking Brookyln Half off of my calendar, but the rest of my teammates are going to run, so I am going to come out, catch a vibe, and cheer on my teammates and a ton of other homies running the race. Other than that, we will see, I want to race more this year, but the focus is getting healthy and strong again.
Alright, let's dream...
- Dream race: If I could run the Ekiden, that would be incredible, but obviously that is reserved for students in Tokyo. Even going to watch I would love thought.
- Dream post-race meal: Probably Basil Seafood or Tiger Cry from JJ Thai in Chicago. Real heads know.
- Dream running partner (dead or alive): I want to go for a run with like Anthony Bourdain. I am pretty sure he would never do that, but if I could convince him, that would be the coolest shit ever. Maybe that will be my goal in the afterlife.
- Dream cultural experience: See as many places in this world, experience as many cultures as possible with my friends and loved ones.
- Dream running achievement: Olympic Trials Qualification
- Dream creator to work with: When I was young it was Virgil, and I got to do that, so I think now, maybe Martine Rose, maybe work on like a sick running kit with her or something.
- Dream collaboration for Bandit: Bandit x Margiela (obviously would insane), but a really sick one would be Bandit x Circadian Rhythms (sick record label that makes insane merch).